Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sunset at Cuesta By The Sea


Monday evening we took a short trip across the Estuary to Los Osos, Cuesta by the sea. A small cove near the back of Estero Bay with abandoned boats, Kayaks, and sandy pathways. The purple ice plant is in full bloom covering the shallow dunes with color. Most pathways were not manageable for me but the few that were proved rewarding and fulfilling as the sun set. This shot was taken about 35 minutes before sunset and the first set in the series I took as the sun was setting. Interesting that after I took this series of five 1-stop exposures for my hdr the glow of light disappeared from the foreground and the impact was lost. This shot was taken with a Canon 5D Mk II w/TS-E 24mm f/4L with two Singh-Ray Graduated 4 x 6 ND filters on a Cokin Z-Pro holder. I stacked a 3-stop hard-step Reverse ND Grad and a 4-stop soft-step ND Grad to hold back the exposure of the bright sun allowing for a nice bright foreground. Supported on a Really Right Stuff, BH-55 ballhead, and Gitzo GT5531S carbon fiber tripod.
If you have come here direct you can see this in full resolution on my Flickr site

No comments:

Post a Comment